Advance our software platform by solving complex problems and help guarantee uptime and performance for our customers
Our DevOps product team is responsible for an AWS sorting decisions platform, routing millions of parcels to their correct destinations. The system makes sure mail item data is processed timely and accurately so processing is as efficient as possible. Simultaneously, data has to be made available securely to third parties. The platform contains interfaces with multiple nationwide systems for several large postal operators.
The platform collects data from observation systems, makes decisions based on business logic, monitors its own performance, archives production data, and delivers reports. The platform is hosted in the Amazon (AWS) cloud but maintains contact with physical devices such as local servers and sorting machines. The platform is mission-critical for sorting operations. You would help us guarantee uptime and performance to our customers.
You would be contributing to the creation and maintenance of a large auto-scaling system for logistical operations by creating a scalable, repeatable product that will be used for multiple customers. You will be solving complex problems with robust, efficient and reusable code. Together with the 4- to 5-person DevOps team you will continuously deploy your software in test, acceptance, and production in the AWS cloud using our CI/CD pipeline, supported by our QA process. To optimize cloud-based solutions and ensure our cloud infrastructure’s reliability, performance, and cost-effectiveness, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams. Giving technical support to our clients is also part of your portfolio.
What we offer
We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of room for personal development and many extras:
- A challenging technical job with lots of space for creativity.
- A dynamic working environment in a young company that belongs to the top of the world in its market.
- A very open and inclusive business culture with more than 20 different nationalities.
- A full range of digital tools will be at your disposal.
- Competitive salary.
- Extra perks such as snacks and excellent coffee every day in our cozy Grand Café.
- Training sessions by a personal trainer in our in-house gym.
- The possibility to work flexible hours.
- A profit-sharing scheme for all employees.
- The option to purchase additional vacation days on top of the 25 standard holiday allowance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Cloud Software Engineer or a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with Serverless Cloud Development.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience is a plus (S3, EKS, Lambda, RDS, IAM, etc.)
- AWS certifications such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional are encouraged.
- Experience in the development of high-tech software in Typescript.
- Experience with C#/.NET and/or Python is a plus.
- Knowledge of deploying and managing infrastructure using infrastructure-as-code (IaC) tools like AWS CloudFormation, CDK or Terraform.
- Knowledge about domain-driven design (DDD) and microservices design is an advantage.
- Experience with modern CI/CD pipelines with tools like GitLab and Octopus are a plus.
- Knowledge of cloud networking concepts (e.g., VPC, Route 53, ELB/ALB) is an advantage.
- Full professional fluency in English, both verbal and written.
- Good knowledge of the Dutch language, both verbal and written is an advantage.
Convinced this job fits you?
We would love to receive your resume and motivation letter or -video! Please send your application to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application process will consist of 2 interviews and a Big Five personality test. We look forward to hearing from you.