Our sorting robots need to get from A to B. A local planner is an algorithm which determines the most efficient path while avoiding any collisions. To develop the most efficient planner, we need to assess their performance. This is where you can help us out!
At Prime Vision, we develop an autonomous sorting system that consists of autonomous mobile robots (AMRs). These AMRs pick up parcels at a fixed place and then sort them into different bins or directions. Different teams work on different aspects of this robotic sorting system. During your internship, you would work with engineers from the Navigation and Fleet Management team. Navigation and Fleet Management designs the (motion) planning and logic of the system. To navigate the robots from parcel pick up to drop off, we use, among other things, a local planner. Local planners plan robot paths and manage the robots so they won’t collide. To test the performance of a local planner, we have designed the first version of the benchmarking tool. The current output of the tool is a theoretical number of how many robots can pass through the floorplan in one hour. This value can then be used to benchmark and compare different floorplan designs or different planners.
Your assignment will be to design, develop and evaluate an improved version of our local planner benchmarking tool.
During this process, we expect you to do the following:
- Design software architecture
- Test with our sorting system in real life
- Compare the performance of your benchmarking tool to real life
- Understand and analyze our local planners
- Data management and merging of robot trajectories
What we offer
We offer a 3-month or longer internship position with a flexible start date. It takes place in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of room for personal development and many extras:
- An open and inclusive workspace with colleagues from more than 20 different nationalities.
- A globally oriented company with an equally global client base.
- Company laptop.
- Extra perks such as snacks and excellent coffee every day in our cozy Grand Café.
- The possibility to work flexible hours.
- A young and dedicated team.
- Monthly fun activities with the robotics team.
- An enthusiastic supervisor.
- A technical background
- End bachelor or master student
- Interested in motion planning and robots
- Some experience in either python or C++
In the context of corporate responsibility, Prime Vision as a company is particularly open to applications from people with a disability.
Convinced this job fits you?
We would love to receive your resume and motivation letter or -video! Please send your application to Peggy Ann Kosters at firstname.lastname@example.org
The application process consists of an interview. We look forward to hearing from you.